|Conditions applicable to LT installations and billing|
|LOW TENSION SUPPLY|
400 Volts Three Phase and 230 Volts Single Phase Supply
1. In case of LT Industrial / commercial Consumers, Demand based Tariff at the option of the Consumer, can be adopted. The Consumer is permitted to have more connected load than the sanctioned load. The billing demand will be the sanctioned load, or Maximum Demand recorded in the Tri-Vector Meter during the month, which ever is higher. If the Maximum Demand recorded is more than the sanctioned load, penal charges at two times the normal rate shall apply.
2. Use of power within the Consumer premises for bonafide temporary purpose is permitted subject to the conditions that, total load of the installation on the system does not exceed the sanctioned load.
10. A rebate of 2 paise per unit will be allowed if capacitors are installed as per Clause 23 of Conditions of Supply of Electricity of the Distribution Licensees in the State of Karnataka in respect of all metered IP Set Installations.
Capacitors of appropriate capacity shall be installed in accordance with Clause 23 of Conditions of Supply of Electricity of the Distribution Licensees in the State of Karnataka, in case of installations covered under Tariff category LT-3, LT-4, LT-5 & LT-6, where motive power is involved.
(i) The specified P.F. is 0.85. If the P.F is found to be less than 0.85 Lag, a surcharge of 2 Paise per unit consumed will be levied for every reduction of P.F. by 0.01 below 0.85 Lag. In respect of LT installations, however, this is subject to a maximum surcharge of 30 Paise per unit.
(ii) The power factor when computed as the ratio of kWh/kVAh will be determined up to 3 decimals (ignoring figures in the other decimal places) and then rounded off to the nearest second decimal as illustrated below:
(a) 0.8449 to be rounded off to 0.84
(b) 0.8451 to be rounded off to 0.85
(iii) In respect of Electronic Tri-Vector meters, the recorded average P.F over the billing period shall be considered for billing purposes.
(iv) During inspection, if the capacity of capacitors provided is found to be less than what is stipulated in Conditions of Supply of Electricity of the Distribution Licensees in the State of Karnataka, a surcharge of 30 Paise/unit will be levied in the case of installations covered under Tariff categories LT-3, LT-5 & LT-6 where motive power is involved.
(v) In the case of installations without electronic Tri-vector meters even after providing capacitors as recommended in Clause 23.01 and 23.03 of Conditions of Supply of Electricity of the Distribution Licensees in the State of Karnataka, if during any periodical or other testing / rating of the installation by the Licensee, the PF of the installation is found to be lesser than 0.85, a surcharge determined as above shall be levied from the billing month following the expiry of Three month’s notice given by the Licensee, till such time, the additional capacitors are installed and informed to the Licensee in writing by the Consumer. This is also applicable for LT installations provided with electronic Tri-vector meters.
12. All new IP set applicants shall fix capacitors of adequate capacity in accordance with Clause 23 of Conditions of Supply of Electricity of the Distribution Licensees in the State of Karnataka before taking service.
13. All the existing IP set Consumers shall also fix capacitors of adequate capacity in accordance with Clause 23 of Conditions of Supply of Electricity of the Distribution Licensees in the State of Karnataka, failing which, PF surcharge at the rate of Rs.60/-per HP/ year shall be levied. If the capacitors are found to be removed / not installed, a penalty at the same rate as above (Rs. 60/-per HP / Year) shall be levied.
14. The Semi-permanent cinemas having Semi-permanent structure, with permanent wiring and licence of not less than one year, will be billed under commercial tariff schedule i.e., LT-3.
15. Touring cinemas having an outfit comprising cinema apparatus and accessories, taken from place to place for exhibition of cinematography films, and also outdoor shooting units, will be billed under Temporary Tariff schedule i.e., LT-7.
16. The Consumers under IP set tariff schedule shall use the energy only for pumping water to irrigate their own land as stated in the IP set application / water right certificate and for bonafide agriculture use. Otherwise, such installations shall be billed under appropriate Industrial / Commercial tariff, based on the recorded consumption if available or on the consumption computed as per the Table given under Clause 42.06 of the Conditions of Supply of Electricity of the Distribution Licensees in the State of Karnataka.
17. The water pumped for agricultural purposes may also be used by the Consumer for his bonafide drinking purposes and for supplying water to animals, birds, Poultry farms, Diary farms and fish farms maintained by the Consumer in addition to agriculture.
18. The motor of IP set installations can be used with an alternative drive for other agricultural operations like sugar cane crusher, coffee pulping, etc., with the approval of the Licensee. The energy used for such operation shall be metered separately by providing alternate switch and charged at LT Industrial Tariff (Only Energy charges) during the period of alternative use. However, if the energy used both for IP Set and alternate operation, is measured together by one energy meter, the energy used for alternate drive shall be estimated by deducting the average IP Set consumption for that month as per the IP sample meter readings for the sub division, as certified by the sub divisional Officer.
19. The IP Consumer is permitted to use energy for lighting the pump house and well limited to two lighting points of 40 Watts each.
20. Billing shall be made at least once in a quarter year for all IP sets.
21. In case of welding transformers, the connected load shall be taken as:
a) Half the maximum capacity in KVA as per the nameplate specified under IS: 1851
b) Half the maximum capacity in KVA as recorded during the rating by the Licensee, which ever is higher.
22. Electricity under Tariff LT 3 / LT 5 can also be used for Lighting, Heating and Air-conditioning, Yard-Lighting, water supply in the premises of Commercial / Industrial Units respectively.
23. Fluorescent fittings shall be provided by the Licensee for the Streetlights in the case of villages covered under the Licensee’s electrification programme for initial installation.
In all other cases, the entire cost of fittings including Brackets, Clamps, etc., and labour for replacement, additions and modifications shall be met by the organizations making such a request. Labour charges shall be paid at the standard rates fixed by the Licensee for each type of fitting.
24. Lamps, fittings and replacements for defective components of fittings shall be supplied by the concerned Village Panchayaths, Town Panchayaths or Municipalities for replacement.
25. Fraction of KW / HP shall be rounded off to the nearest quarter KW / HP for purpose of billing and the minimum billing being for 1 KW / 1HP in respect of all categories of LT installations including I.P. sets. In the case of street lighting installations, fraction of KW shall be rounded off to nearest quarter KW for the purpose of billing and the minimum billing shall be quarter KW.
26. Seasonal Industries.